Lexico Articulation for iPad is a tool to help train the pronunciation of consonants and to improve phonological awareness through flash card exercises and game play. You can practice with 22 sound programs each containing 50 to 300 target words.
In the games, target sound positions and the number of syllables of words have to be found. Students can either play by themselves in 1-player mode or against a speech therapist, co-student, or a parent, in the 2-player mode. You need not only skill, but also a bit of luck to win against an opponent. (An SLP will not always win against a student).
Lexico Articulation is highly customizable to adapt to the needs of each learner: use images, audio or text as prompts (or combine them in various ways). Select initial, medial or final positions of target sounds or narrow the selection to specific target sound blends. (The p, b, f, t, d, s, l, r, k, g sound programs contain target sound blends, including all the vocalic r’s). A detailed log is used to track user progress, and can be shared by email.
Lexico Articulation was created by experienced speech pathologists, teachers and interaction designers. It is used in speech therapy for language impairment, for dysarthria or aphasia therapy and for the acquisition of reading and writing.
Lexico Articulation: The free version contains the l-sound program. All other target sound programs can be unlocked individually through in-App purchases.
Lexico Articulation Pro: The full version contains all 22 target sound programs.
The features of Lexico Articulation
- 22 Sound Programs for the English Consonants
- Extensive Training Material
Lexico articulation contains of more than 1000 target words
- Different Exercises and Games
Engaging games challenge the user to practice by himself or allow for 2 players to engage on one iPad.
- Use flashcards to exercise the target sound. Pronunciation can be recorded and played back.
- Find the target sound position in words and / or name the number of syllables in the 1-player game.
- Play against an opponent in the 2-player game. Find target sounds and syllables – and win with a bit of luck.
- Lexico Articulation is used in the treatment of speech and language disorders of various origins, such as phonological disorders, dysarthria, apraxia or aphasia.
- Defining the number of syllables and finding the target sound position games are useful in the the acquisition of reading and writing, in addressing reading/spelling disorders and to when learning English as a second language.
Combine text, images, audio prompts in any way you like. target the precise target sound position or target sound blend you wish exercise with.
- Extensive Protocols
Records in the logbook can be saved, annotated and shared via email. This facilitates the documentation of progress and the exchanges with students and or their parents. The number of logs is unlimited.